Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Projects Competition - Prelims

If it were not included in IS which would affect my overall grade and eligibility for special programmes, I would probably decide to flunk it during the prelims. But now its compulsory =( haha that’s too bad for me. As always, procrastination got the better of us (my group). Before the prelims the only thing we had done was just the plan of what we were going to do. It was only 2 days before the prelims then we started on the powerpoint. It seemed great at first, the powerpoint was nice, the plans were detailed and well structured and we expected to do well. But we failed. We definitely lost marks in the presentation component as we were not really familiar even with our own project (results of last minute chionging), thus, stuttering was inevitable. It was originally decided that I would be the one to do the presentation (I had presented for my group last year too) but I was down with throat infection and my members had to do the speaking. Even I had difficulty understanding what they were saying when I was seated beside them because they were too tense, spoke too fast and unclearly, needless to say about the judges. Furthermore, because of our procrastination we had not included our reflections nor acquired an organization. That probably led to our failure.

We had to go for prelim 2. Joel immediately went to contact organizations to seek their approval. The two of us then worked on the powerpoint and improvised it. We completed that about a week before prelim 2. Failure is not an option, we had to do our best. On the day of prelim 2, we presented. Although the results are not out I believe we did quite well. It was only after failing once did I realize the consequences of procrastination but still it’s inevitable in everyday life. And because of this new system I am so stressed! I have to strive to reach the finals so as not to lose marks in IS. Determination and perseverance is not the key, the only thing that drives me forward is the marks that I must not lose. It seems like I have changed into a calculative person as well. I hate this feeling, it feels as though I am forced to do something. Its tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment