Friday, April 17, 2009

Thoughts on HCI SMB

Obviously, the good points first. The SMB is good in the way that students only need to access the portal for new info and updates. It’s a really easy way for students to know what events are round the corner and what teachers need them to do. Students can even post lost items on the lost board. This lost board will ease the hassle of students who found items and have difficulty tracing the owner. Definitely, you have to try ur best to find ur lost items b4 posting on the board. There’s also I safety board where students can post about precarious or poor conditions of facilities around them. Those in charge will just need to access the SMB and read the message and they can instantly fix the problem.
Now for the flaws. Actually, there’s only one main problem with the SMB. It is that the SMB is very lag. Many students have difficulty accessing it at home and that results in many serious problems. I am the perfect example. This Tuesday, Mr Tan, our Sci teacher posted an SMB on the topics that we would have to study for the upcoming test (which is already over). As usual I would open the SMB portal to view messages. Usually it would lag a lot but that fateful day was worse. It took me half an hour to log on successfully but the messages just couldn’t load. Thus I couldn’t open Mr Tan’s SMB message and couldn’t read it!! If the SMB had not been laggy, I would have already read his message and studied on density. Now I screwed my science test, sad…

1 comment: